Blog Archive

Saturday 21 August 2010

Here, There & Everywhere: April - July 2010

What's Happened?.... What's Next???  April 2010 - July 2010

Hi all,

So as usual ... I write a blog when I have like a dozen things to talk about, so here goes lol ...

Just wanted to keep you up to date with what I've been up to so far this year.  We are now coming to the end of August and I have quite a bit to report! ...


Changes - The EP

My main focus this year has been to complete my long awaited EP! As always, these thing take much longer than you anticipate, but you eventually get there in the end! :0) (God Willing .. AMEN)  So, I am happy to announce that my first EP entitled - 'Changes' will be out soon! (Release date TBC)

I have chosen the title 'Changes', as I feel each track reflects a different emotion and experience I have faced at some point in my life.   We all go through highs and lows at times, so I hope that this EP will help guide you through the motions.  More info coming soon.....


Music Release:
Always writing... For all you house music lovers, here is a track I wrote last your...


'Relish Your Soul'
Produced by Neil Pierce
Released 29th April 2010
Soul Heaven Records

You can listen to the track online and purchase it on the following link:

Purchase Relish Your Soul ft Kadija Kamara


Here is the track on youtube.  Enjoy .....




The Live Music Scene


Other than working on the EP, I have been keeping the energy ALIVE on the LIVE scene, with both Full Band and Acoustic gigs.. Literally here, there and everywhere!  Some great events have taken place so far, so I would like to share this with you :0)


LIVE @ The Bedford - Thurs 8th April 2010

My first show of the year and for like 5 months!  A very intimate venue and night, with a lot of support overall.  For this I would like to say THANK YOU ... I had a very tough time getting back into music after my loss at the beginning of the year, but when it came to the crunch, I knew the show had to go on!

Thank You For Your Support!


Cameo Session @ Caffe Concerto - Thurs 27th May 2010 


An acoustic set with Boyan on guitar and Karis Taylor on BV's .... Check out the small clip of 'Thing Of My Own' from the night.  I think by this point, I started to get back into the swing of things .... So here goes ....






Vox Box - Earls Court Road Station - Fri 9th July 2010 (Part of The Earls Court Festival)

Something you only dream of and joke about ... well I did anyway!  Not quite busking, but the closest thing to it .... I decided to get involved in this Seb Collective event, which was part of the 'Earls Court Festival'

Just me, myself and guitar on this occasion, I decided to take a train journey and explore a new adventure!!  A lot of people thought I wouldn't go through with it, but I always say ... "sometimes you just have to just pick yourself up and gooooooo"!  So that's what I did, and the "energy I felt afterwards was amazing" I'd definitely do this again .... and maybe alone!


Returning to the Cameo Session @ Caffe Concerto  - Thurs 24th Jun 2010

It's crazy how you can plan something for ages, then things get cancelled at the last minute!  Well this was one of those situations.  Unfortunately the band and I were supposed to be returning to The Bedford, but with a few last minute hick-ups occurred ... 

Luckily enough, the Seb Collective crew welcomed us back with opened arms, to the Cameo Session at Caffe Concerto.  We had to alter the setup slightly, but it absolutely worked out for the better ... "I guess all thing happen for a reason right?"

The crowd were very welcoming ... Thanks to all who supported on the night,
 and a MASSIVE THANK YOU to my band for just being super fantastic xxx


Writer's Block @ Juno Bar 13th July 2010



So, I have been to a few Writer's Block events in the past.  The last was at Cargo, for the special 'Writer's Block" birthday bash with Jesse Boykins III !  I love what they do, their following and wanted to be a part of it.






This was the right show for me ...  'Writer's Block' returns at Juno Bar...   Acoustic set with Boyan on guitar ... What a great night it was!


The other acts on the night included:

►Angel
► Carol Ohemaa
► Fran Isherwood
► Gbontwi Anyetei
► Hollie McNish
► Phresh Mentality


Great show guys .. Loved being a part of it! 



This was my last show in the UK for the month of July, as I travelled across the seas to a beautiful Island called 'Bermuda'.  Mainly for a long deserved break ... Somehow I still managed to rope myself into doing a show or 2.   I will tell you more about that in my next blog feature - My trip to the beautiful Island Bermuda.


What National and International Artists am I into right now?

Apart from my own shows, I love going out to support others and their projects.  "There are so many great artists out there ... I try to support in the best way I can" ....

So many names to pick out of the hat, so I am just going to post a few links ... 
Here are a few:

National

Corinne Bailey Rae


Just beautiful music .... Her songs have been beautifully put together ... I like to listen to her when I want to relax and reflect on a few things from time to time .... 

I love her new album "The Sea" .... One of my favourite songs is called "I would Like to Call It Beauty", and beautiful it is.


I saw her live for the first time earlier on this year and met her after the show.  Great music and great person.  Well done lady :0) 





Martina Topley-Bird 



There is something about this lady that I really like .... She is just different ... Great music, writing etc ...  I've been hooked for ages, ever since I heard this song ....




Rox



I have been following her for a while and definitely believe she will be doing even greater things in the future.  She recently released an album "Memoirs" which I am absolutely loving!  Quite unique and a great songwriter.



TY 

TY MUSIC


This guys is a great UK Hip-Hop Artist.  He has been around for a long time, but I believe has started to get the recognition he deserves.  His new album "Special Kind Of Fool" came out earlier on this year and has so many great UK and International features.  I have been to 2 of his album launch nights, and I must admit, this guy really knows how to work a crowd!...  Great show at Plan B - Brixton and then again with a full band at Jazz Cafe.

Another album you MUST get ... So many great tracks ...



International

Theory Hazit



I did some work with him back in 2007 and still continue to follow his work.  Keeping Hip-Hop alive.  Always inspiring .....  A SUPER hardworking individual, also part of the group "Scribbling Idiots" ... Plus other collectives.


Theory Hazit will be coming to the UK later on this year, so stay tuned and check him out when he comes over.






Janelle Monae



Not much more to say than "OUT OF THIS WORLD" ... Musically and Spiritually ... Definitely a lady doing great things!  I always feel inspired when I hear a new song of hers...."I feel this is what music should do for you"

I think in this case, I will let the music do the talking for itself .... Check out her latest Video "Cold War"


If you wanna  hear more music from her check out the following albums:

Metropolis - The Chase Suite
The Archandroid

I have seen Janelle Monae LIVE in London twice now, and I have to admit ... She just gets better every time!



  I'm looking forward to seeing her again with her full band at KoKo on the 8th Sep.  If you can get hold of a ticket, make sure you make it down.


Overview

I wish I could go on, and on, and onnnn, but I have to stop here!  But I will definitely do a feature on my favourite artists SOON!


Yes, this is a VERY LONG BLOG, but I am happy to give you something to read!
Until the next blog, stay connected on the networks.  Have a great day! x

Peace n Luv

KK xxx

1 comment:

Colin aka Gus57 said...

Yup its crazy that when you are busy you give yourself more work to do!

Great blog and great recomendations - you are tops!