Blog Archive

Tuesday 19 May 2009

First of Many!


First of Many!

Hi my lovely people,

Well I decided that today would be the day to write my first blog on my Blogger page, and what a day to choose, after flying across the Atlantic and sitting on the beautiful South Beach of Miami Florida!

Crazy, but yes true. I guess when the time is right it just is. 

Today I took some time out to walk around and absorb all of my surroundings.  Just to get a clearer picture of where I am at today and where it is that I will be going/hope to go in the future.  It's funny, as you always think you know exactly how and where you will end up, but then one small thing happens that changes everything.

A close friend's relative passed away recently, and I was deeply affected by this!  I care a great deal for this person, as they have been there for me almost every stop of the way since the day we first met ... even though we have only known each other for just over a year!

Death is the one thing that makes you re-evaluate your current position in life, the people around you and what is really important.  This being the situation, I took a deep hard look at the people close to and around me, thanking God for bringing them into my life.  

I looked at the people who I was once close with, but am no longer due to whatever reason concluding that everything really does have it's purpose and time-life.  Just as the time in our sand watch glasses will eventually run out, so do our relationships with others.  Knowing this, we should value every moment!

I looked at my at my current working situation .... 'Full-Time Worker'/ 'Part-Time Musician', and thought for a second.... "Maybe I should give up on this music thing all together .. and push my career in my current full-time job"!!...

My close friends would think that I've gone MAD .. as I have loved music all my life.... live, eat and breathe it!  Well I would have to agree ... I was having a mad moment ... and I believe God sent me a sign ...

Just metres away from me was a odd looking young man with a shiny black guitar around him!  For a moment, my heart skipped a beat, as It looked very similar to my 'Yamaha APX 500'!!  But no it wasn't :)

Anyway, my friends and I decided to walk over to him to talk for a bit.  Looking very intrigued, I asked him if he was a musician etc, and he asked me the same questions ... Replying YES, he  asked if I could play and sing a song for him!!!

Being the fast person that I am ... you know what I did .. 

Yes ....

I took the guitar and started strumming and singing ....

What was my song choice???

My very own song ..'I have a Dream'!

This was clearly another sign to me, as moments ago the idea of leaving my life as a musician behind crossed my mind ... (I believe at this point I was feeling a little frustrated) ... secondly, the song choice reminded me about my passion.  After playing and singing, I felt a joyous rush flow through my body ... I guess you can say I had my answer there and then!

What can I say??  I can say to you all that we all go through rough patches from time to time, but you have to KEEP THINGS MOVING!!  Sometimes you need a little kick to throw you back on track ... and sometimes the signs are not always that clear ... but if you are very passionate about anything ... DON'T GIVE UP!!

Keep it moving .. Follow your dreams ...


Luckily my friends are very efficient and recorded parts of the performance for me :0)  .. Take a look...




Until the next blog ...

Peace n Luv,

KK. x

2 comments:

char mills said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
char mills said...

Hiya hun, that was such an inspirational message because it came straight from the heart. You are truly a wonderful person, I really hope you succeed in all that you have planned to achieve at present and in the future. I know I haven't been there for you recently, but just want you to know that i'm only a phone call away. I was well impressed with the way you played the guitar, keep up the good work.
I hope you have a great time in Miami. Love ya, Cx